September 6, 2007

How do you reward yourself after a speaking gig?



Last night I spoke at Women's Economic Ventures, one of my favorite local nonprofits. I completed their 14-week self-employment training in 2004 and I've been volunteering for them ever since.

Last night's alumni panel had such a good time, we couldn't stop talking. This class was on fire! Lots of good questions from the students and lots of good advice from the panel. The instructor let us continue well past our time, which was generous of her, considering it was the first night of class and there is much to cover.

I had so much fun with this group and felt that our panel did such a good job that I rewarded myself with a banana chocolate cupcake when I got home. Okay, it was late, so I only had one bite. The rest is for today!

When you've had a successful speaking engagement, how do you reward yourself for a job well done?

____________________________________________________
On The Everything Page you'll find everything you need to build visibility, credibility and influence through engaging presentations that move your participants into action: freebies, low-cost products and courses, and 1:1 coaching!

4 comments. Please add yours! :

Anonymous said...

Great question, Lisa. Jason and I tend to reward a job well done with food, but since most of our events are in the evening, this often leaves up at TGIFridays getting shakes at 10PM, not too good for the metabolism. It is nice to have time to download how the event went and give feedback, when it's fresh in our minds. For some reason this is always more fun to do over milkshakes, versus just sitting in our hotel room.

You've got great self-control to only have one bite!

Lisa Braithwaite said...

I only have good self-control after about 7 or 8pm. Earlier than that, I'll eat about anything! I just didn't want that cupcake sitting in my stomach all night.

It's great to have a speaking partner to process with after an event. I allow my husband to sit, nodding, with a vacant expression on his face, while I tell him about the speaking engagement. ;-)

DubLiMan said...

On topic.............
By know that I have just completed a job well done. For me, that is reward enough.

Off topic..........
I believe that by just being a part of “Priscilla Palmer’s Personal Development list” suggests that each of us post this list. You like me (Killeris at “Attitude, the Ultimate Power”) are on this list. If you have already posted it, THANK YOU. If you have not posted it, I am officially putting out a challenge that you add additional sites that fit the theme and post the entire list. This is my opinion only. If you disagree I respectfully understand. If you do agree with me this list can be found at: http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2007/09/personal-development-list-challenge.html

Lisa Braithwaite said...

I posted about Priscilla Palmer's list on August 30, here:
http://coachlisab.blogspot.com/2007/08/personal-development-blog-list_30.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...