January 8, 2009

Develop your vocal resonance



I enjoyed this recent post by Gavin Meikle on where your voice comes from. He shares a simple exercise for developing your vocal resonance.

Try it out and see if you can control where your voice comes from!

____________________________________________________
On The Everything Page you'll find everything you need to build visibility, credibility and influence through engaging presentations that move your participants into action: freebies, low-cost products and courses, and 1:1 coaching!

3 comments. Please add yours! :

Jeremy Jacobs said...

I enjoy and vocal exercises. Do you know about the TMJ?

jrotem said...

Interesting, Lisa! Years ago I heard a radio program where the speaker invited callers to find their true voice. It was then I realized that many American women force a deeper voice than their natural -- maybe in our generations to sound more authoritative in the working place(my theory)? Living abroad I saw this is not so everywhere else.

Lisa Braithwaite said...

Jean, I developed nodes on my vocal chords in college partly as a result of speaking in a deeper voice than was necessary. I had a great vocal coach who taught me how to find my true voice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...